Last updated on September 19th, 2014
Choosing The Right Electric Knife Sharpener Based On Reviews
If you are a chef or a good cook you could certainly have some basic information about electric knife sharpeners. They are an indispensable tool for chefs to help them to win many battles in their kitchens. These sharpeners have quite a few advantages because they are operated by electricity and are quite easy to handle. Even those who do not have much experience and expertise can handle these knife sharpeners quite easily. While it is possible to sharpen knives manually, it is fraught with difficulties and even risk of injuries.
Hence, going in for electric knife sharpeners would be a much better choice. They are easy to operate and sharpening even the blunt-edged knives would not take much of time. It is also safer compared to manual sharpening. However, choosing the right knife sharpener is not easy because of the various options available in the market. In this article we will have a look at two electric knife sharpener reviews and then arrive at a conclusion as to which is the better option.
Features Of Presto 08800 Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- This sharpener comes with a two stage sharpener technology.
- It is suitable for sharpening any non-serrated blade and that too quite easily.
- It works almost on an autopilot mode and therefore avoids guesswork or groping in the dark so to say.
- Sharpening does not take more than a few seconds because of the high quality Sapphirite sharpening wheels.
- The product satisfies the highly demanding NAES or North American Electrical Standards.
- It also comes with a filter to avoid spattering.
Features of Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station, Platinum
- Coming from the house of Chef’s Choice this knife sharpening system is one that has 100% diamond abrasives.
- It is a highly versatile knife sharpener and can sharpen steels, strops and almost any type or model of knife available in the market.
- The stropping disk is made from high quality super hardened steel.
- It comes with a unique angle guide sharpening feature and therefore 100% perfect sharpening is no longer a difficult job.
- It comes with an easy to use on and off switch and stabilizing feet.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty.
Pros and Cons
Now that we have had a closer look at both the above knife sharpeners let us take our electric knife sharpener reviews a bit further. We will look at the various pros and cons associated with each of these brands.
Let us get started with the Presto 08800 Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener Pros
Priced at $25 when purchased from Amazon.com this, electric knife certainly offers excellent value for money. For those who have voluminous amounts of grating and cutting there is no doubt that this knife sharpener will come in very handy. It takes literally a few minutes for sharpening almost any type of blades. Those who have big amounts of sharpening requirements will find this sharpener very useful.
Presto 08800 Eversharp Cons
However, on the flip side it might require manual steeling and that too by hand before it is sharpened. When honing a blade it also is reported to have a slight burr. Those who are ready to put up with this burring sound would have nothing much to complain against it.
Now let us have a look at the Presto 08800 Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener and try to list out some advantages and disadvantages.
Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station Pros
If you believe in the proverb “give peanuts and you will get monkeys” then you will certainly have a second look at this knife sharpener. Thought it is priced at $136 when purchased from Amazon.com it certainly has a number of advantages worth mentioning. It is well and truly a top class electrical knife sharpener with 100 percent diamond abrasives. If you are looking for a consistent sharpening angle with the best of results then there is every reason to buy this sharpener. It comes with three different grooves and each one of them is for different types of knives.
Chef’s Choice 130 Cons
While there is nothing much negative about this sharpener, there is no doubt that it is slightly big in size and hence lugging it around could be a problem. Further the price could be a big dampener for those who are conscious about their pockets.
Looking into the various pros and cons there is reason to believe that the Presto 08800 Eversharp Electric Knife Sharpener is a better buy because of the sheer advantage of cost. Though it may not be as versatile and as feature-rich as the Chef’s Choice sharpener, it will certainly do almost all the tasks which the latter will do.